Congratulations, you’re in great company! Thousands upon thousands of people have joined you in reading many of the posts you’ll find on this site. In fact, over the last 12 months, these pages were viewed more than 105,000 times.
That’s all great, but what are the most helpful posts according to readers around here? Now that is a good question because the only reason why these posts exist in the first place are to help you grow in your faith and to live your life closer to God.
Don’t miss out on helpful posts like these delivered a few times each month. Plus, I’ll send you a free Bible study, The Armor of God.
So, how about those most helpful posts? You’ll find them below, and when you click on a title it will open in a new tab for you.
The 10 Most Helpful Posts
1. 5 Steps to Staying Focused on God – There’s a really good chance that this is how you found me since this article was read 3 and a half times more than any other post. That tells you people find this to be one seriously helpful post! In case you haven’t seen this one, it’s 5 simple, practical yet impactful ways to help you get and stay closer to the Lord every day.
2. 10 Encouraging Bible Verses on New Life – Though it was one fine Spring day when I wrote this, the message of encouragement found in God’s word aren’t restricted by seasonal boundaries. This post is a quick read that’s immensely helpful in providing deep encouragement on the renewal of life. And that’s what Jesus accomplished: bringing life out of what’s dead.
3. 3 Lessons From Balaam and His Unusual Talking Donkey – This is an article I had tons of enjoyment researching and writing. I love digging into Old Testament scripture and unpacking the events and deep lessons within, and this is a great example. People have given so much encouraging feedback on this post. There’s a church that used it as an adult class lesson, and another that formatted it for their children’s Sunday School. And here’s a fun fact: I also formatted it and preached it one Sunday. People loved that!
4. Recognizing Idolatry in 8 Modern Day Idols – It’s probably not the Billy Idol reference that’s landed this post in the 10 most helpful posts at Simple Theology, Messy Life, but that does provide a moment of humor. Like the above posts, this one discusses some real-life challenges and gives practical ways to deal with them.
5. 21 Powerful Bible Verses for the Overwhelmed – This is the most shared post ever at Simple Theology, Messy Life. It’s been pinned on Pinterest 1,000 times. I believe it’s because we live in the age of the overwhelmed and this post gives a Biblical solution to navigate your seasons of being overwhelmed in life. The 21 verses are also provided as scripture cards in pdf form that you can take with you.
6. 7 Things God Hates and Why You Should Hate Them Too – Honestly, I believe this post consistently remains in the 10 most helpful because there’s a ton of nasty, vile evil in our fallen world. We’re sick of that, aren’t we? And most of us want to understand how to reconcile not tolerating evil yet following the Christ who says to pray for those who hate you. This article on 7 things God hates unpacks the idea of what God hates and why he hates them while also providing a Biblical view of hatred.
7. The 7 Deadly Sins and How to Overcome Them – Technically, this isn’t a post, it’s a resource page of 7 of them! This is the place where you’ll find what are known as the 7 deadly sins. Each one of those articles digs into them 1 by 1 and offers the truth about each sin while providing ways to overcome them. It’s a big resource.
8. Why Jesus is the Reason for the Season and So Much More – A seasonal post with year round benefits and implications. This article looks into the first and second advents of Jesus Christ and connects the dots on some critical prophecies. The illustration is that if God has fulfilled myriad prophecies concerning Jesus Christ, we had better pay attention to the prophecies he has yet to fulfill. This is also another one that I formatted and shared as a sermon.
9. 12 Thanksgiving Day Bible Verses (Plus 5 Bonus Quotes) – Another seasonal post that is discovered by readers all year long. Being thankful shouldn’t be relegated to one Thursday in November, anyway! Additionally, this post highlights a bit of Thanksgiving history as well. You can download the pdf and print this one to take to your table and share with loved ones, too.
10. How to Read the Bible for Spiritual Growth – Another resource page collecting a number of posts on just what it says: reading the Bible for spiritual growth. It’s a true blessing to see this one among the 10 Most Helpful Posts at Simple Theology, Messy Life. After all, spiritual growth and walking closer with the Lord is why I write to you to begin with.
Did you see any of your favorites here? I’d love to hear about it in the comments, or if a post you enjoyed isn’t represented.
Thank you for being a part of this with me. And if you’re not a part of the Simple Theology, Messy Life Circle, why not join? It’s free and it’s my honor to write about the things that are going to help you grow!