This post last updated on August 22nd, 2022
Though it may be Springtime as I write this post, it’s always a good season for encouragement. I trust you’ll find that in these 10 verses!
Spring has blossomed, at least in most parts of the country. Despite some reports of a little late snow here and there, Winter will inevitably retreat beneath the budding trees, blooming flowers, and birds who will soon be returning from their migratory hiatus.
That puts Spring in the air, and with it comes visible reminders of new life all around you.
And pollen. Lots of pollen.
All of the beauty got me thinking, what does the Bible say about new life? So I did a bit of a word study in my Bible and guess what? It says quite a lot, as it turns out.
And Springtime truly is a beautiful season, even for those of us with seasonal allergies.
Life and Renewal
With the arrival of Spring, you can’t help but think of renewed life. It’s every where we look.
Trees are filling with leaves once again, the crops are going into the ground at an increasing rate, and even the animals are on board. The birds are singing loudly, the deer are out of hiding, and the geese are flying north in huge numbers. Even the barn cats where I’m currently residing have given birth to 3, yes 3 new litters of kittens!
This reflection on things made new happens to me every season, maybe you can relate.
When I see the visible changes of the seasons, I’m ultimately reminded of what God’s Word says about it all. In the case of Springtime, it’s all about life and renewal.
During this time of year, the new crops and bright colors also bring me to reflect on the 23rd Psalm.
And that normally leads me to look through verses that speak in some way about all of this new life.
So what I’ve done is gathered some verses together, listed them here, and at the end of this post I’ve provided a pdf you can grab to take with you!
Here are those 10 verses that encourage me in the midst of the changing season. I hope you’ll find these encouraging as well.
10 Encouraging Bible Verses on New Life
1. “We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” Romans 6:4 (NIV)
2. “Arise, shine, for your light has come,
and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you. “Isaiah 60:1 (ESV)
3. “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death.” Romans 8:2 (LEB)
4. “But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead.” Ephesians 2:4-5 (NLT)
5. “Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him.” Colossians 3:10 (NLT)
6. “For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.” Romans 6:5 (NIV)
7. Go, stand in the temple courts,” he said, “and tell the people all about this new life.” Acts 5.20 (NIV)
8. “This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!” 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NLT)
9. “But now we have died to those laws that bound us. God has broken their effect on us so that we are serving in a new spiritual way, not in an old way dictated by written words.” Romans 7:6 (GW)
10. “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23 (ESV)