…plus the First Ever Readers Survey!
What did you enjoy here over the last year? What would you like to see more of in 2016? Please reply in the brief survey at the end and let me know!
Not only is this post going to highlight the posts that were the best of 2015, but I’m also really excited to get your feedback and share some of the seriously awesome things coming in 2016!
My first post was made on January 7, 2015 and I have learned a lot since hitting “publish” that first time. Here are my top posts of 2015. Maybe you’ll see one you missed, or re-visit an old one you liked.
Top Posts of the Year: the Best of 2015
34 articles published, 6,091 pages viewed, 103 comments made, lots of social media shares!
Top 10 Most Read Articles
1. Starbucks, Christmas and Red Cups – 749 views, 14 comments
2. Respect – Do You Deserve It or Earn It? – 448 views, 4 comments
3. Is Sin Really Sinful? – 377 views, 0 comments
4. Recognizing Idolatry in 8 Modern Day Idols – 220 views, 8 comments
5. Christians and Halloween: Tricked or Treated? – 200 views, 13 comments
6. Do You Want to Have More Faith? Here’s 3 Ways – 187 views, 4 comments
7. Is It Wrong to Hate Evil? – 160 views, 12 comments
8. Is God Male or Female? – 150 views, 8 comments
9. How Ashley Madison Shows Us Doing Good is Not Enough – 149 views, 4 comments
10. Same Sex Marriage and 7 Ways Christians Should Respond – 138 views, 0 comments
5 Most Shared Articles
1. Starbucks, Christmas and Red Cups – 302 shares
2. It’s National Coffee Day – 160 shares
3. How to Identify and Overcome Envy – 122 shares
4. Why It’s Important You Have a Bible Reading Plan – 111 shares
5. Respect – Do You Deserve It or Earn It? – 88 shares
Drum roll please….. What’s New for 2016!
More Facebook Integration
When I started writing this blog, I wanted to help bring deeper understanding to the life of the Christian that was easy enough for even me to grasp. Simple theology for a messy life.
Integrating more deeply with Facebook will allow better facilitation of some of the other things coming in 2016, like the book discussions. You can connect with the new Facebook page here.
Quarterly Book Discussions
I am really excited to read and discuss a book each quarter with you! It’s been said that “readers are leaders and leaders are readers.” There’s probably some truth to that, but this I do know: reading the right books for the purpose of personal growth is a very effective way to, well, grow.
We’ll have weekly discussions through the new Facebook page after a chapter or 2 to keep it from overwhelming our already busy schedules, and we’ll try to ask (and answer) the difficult stuff we come across.
Bible Study Courses
I am planning to help you dig deeply into the word of God in 2016. We’re going to have topical Bible study courses with downloadable notebooks and live sessions. This is planned for the later part of 2016.
Many will be absolutely free, for others there will be a small cost for these interactive studies, and it will be fair and modest. You’re not going to want to miss this if you want to go deeper in the word!
Site Design Refresh
I’m considering bringing cosmetic and functional re-designs to the site. I haven’t settled on anything yet, and I’m open to your suggestions! Please see the next section with a few questions that you can help with…
Your Turn to Ask for More in the New Year!
I started this blog to bring glory to our God with the gifts, talents and passions He gave me. That includes providing you with the tools, resources and the content that will help you grow spiritually.